Contrary to popular belief, not everything is online these days. People still go to bricks and mortar stores. They go the the gym and the doctor’s office. They actually get in their cars and drive places.
So why would you restrict all your marketing to the internet? Just because you’re building an online business doesn’t mean you can’t use offline marketing ideas.
In fact, consulting to offline businesses is probably one of the fastest growing sectors of internet marketing. While you’re learning internet marketing as fast as you can, most local businesses have no clue that they can dramatically grow their businesses by creating a presence online.
Likewise, not all your potential customers will find you on the internet. You may never be able to rank high enough in the search engines to be seen. Or they may not be big internet surfers, crazy as that may sound.
You need to get offline to connect both those types of customers.
How can you do that? Here are 5 popular offline marketing tips to try:
- Give business cards with your website url on them to everyone you know who might know a. Keep them on you at all times and be prepared to give one to someone when they ask for if.
- Flyers with information about your services or products, along with your company contact information and url. When you talk about your products/services on your flyers, make sure you describe them in terms of the problems they solve and the benefits to potential customers.
- Postcard mailers with a special offer on them that has to be redeemed at your website. You can use a QR code that leads directly to a page with the special offer. These codes can be used on all of your printed marketing materials so that people with smartphones can whip them out and go to your site immediately.
- A printed version of your special report that you can give to prospects when you meet. Again, make sure your information is in there. You can also include affiliate links to different useful resources, so that you can still make money even if the prospect doesn’t buy from you.
- An eco-friendly shopping tote that has your company and web url printed on the side. These are becoming more and more popular, and people appreciate your concern for the environment!
Some of these are fairly traditional tactics, but they still work well. In fact, if you do your research thoroughly online, you can target the best places and people for your offline campaigns.
If you want to grab more information and content about offline marketing, go check out the mega-pack of content I have over at my PLR site:
Offline Marketing PLR Content MegaPack – Articles and more
I’d love to hear what ideas you have for Offline Marketing techniques. Just chime in below.